Structural fitters use torches and tools to cut and shape metal pieces. They measure all metal pieces to ensure they conform to needed specifications, often grinding and shaving metal to ensure it meets specific measurements. Structural fitters install and align metal parts by hand and by using various tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and understand drawings including specifications
- Select proper material from stock inventory based on specification
- Measure and cut, bend, drill and or form material per drawings and specifications
- Tack weld assemblies for final weld out
- Education: High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Must have working knowledge of Structural shapes
- Must Read and interpret drawings and specifications including tolerances
- Must be able to Stand, kneel, bend for long periods of time in shop environment
- Must be able to use simple hand tools, torches, mag drills, etc.